ManEDGE the future with unique edge computing solutions
Edge Computing Solution
Edge is a buzzword. Like ‘IoT’ and ‘Cloud’ before it, Edge means everything and nothing. The advent of edge computing as a buzzword is the realization that there isn’t much growth left in the cloud space. Almost everything that can be centralized has been centralized. Most of the new opportunities for the ‘cloud’ lie at the ‘edge’. An edge computing solution is deployed at or near the source of the data, instead of relying on the cloud at one of a dozen data centers to do all the work.
Read More …
For many mobile edge computing solution provider companies, the cost savings alone acts as a key driver towards deploying an edge-computing architecture. Companies that embraced the cloud for many of their applications have already discovered that the costs in bandwidth are much higher than they expected. At its basic level, edge to cloud solutions bring computation and data storage closer to the devices where it is being gathered, rather than relying on a central location that can be thousands of miles away. By doing so, real-time data does not suffer latency issues that would impact the application’s performance. In addition, companies also save a lot of money by having the processing done locally by reducing the amount of data that needs to be processed in a centralized or cloud-based location, by using an edge computing solution. Even though the initial goal of edge computing platform was to reduce bandwidth costs over long distances for IoT devices, it is expected that this technology will be driven by the advent and growth of real-time applications that require local processing and storage capabilities.
Read Less …
Key Use Cases of Edge Computing
Condition Based Monitoring
Asset Performance Management
Industial Process Optimization
Edge Computing Accelerator: PraEdge
Pratiti is one of the leading edge cloud providers which has developed its own edge computing platform – PraEdge, for building IoT Apps on Edge to enable industrial device connectivity with a simple drag and drop interface, application deployment, and secure access to remotely located gateways.
PraEdge – Modules and Components
Key features Of PraEdge
- It is an IoT services for building IoT Apps on the Edge.
- It is meant for collecting data from various industrial systems, aggregate it, analyse it and connectivity to cloud systems.
- Industrial systems include Sensors, PLCs, Industrial Controllers, SCADA systems or Historians
- It is meant for on-premises of Industrial Plants Discrete Manufacturing, Process Manufacturing, Power Generation, Water Distribution, Sewage Treatment etc.
- It is meant for various IoT apps requirements ranging from data acquisition services for cloud apps to building full-fledged apps to run within plant firewalls.
- It is deployable on Industrial PCs or Windows Servers or Linux Servers.
- Benefits of PraEdge include maximum privacy & security, enables proactive use cases, lowers bandwidth & latency issues, reduces hosting costs and triggers real-time insights.
Our Other Edge Apps
Performance Intelligence & Health Analytics Solution
- In this patented digital twin based analytics solution, Pratiti’s PraEdge system modules helps to capture required data from various field devices.
- PraEdge further has the ability to communicate with field devices and RMS/SCADA systems using industry standard protocols such as Modbus TCP and OPC UA, among others.
- PraEdge has defined mechanism to interface with variety of sensors, IoT specifications/protocols. It can be leveraged as a Software Edge Gateway with better edge compute capability.
- The solution is a suite of enterprise applications specifically designed to generate actionable closed loop insights for the renewable energy industry.
Condition Based Monitoring Solution for Rotary Equipment
- IoT enabled business application has been built for the Manufacturing vertical especially for the rotary equipment.
- The application has been built on our Edge platform and is readily available for monitoring of various assets.
- The application’s main use case is Condition based monitoring of critical assets in a manufacturing set-up to raise alerts and notifications in case of asset maintenance or potential asset failure.
- The application provides insights in parameters such as frequency, velocity, acceleration of the rotary components.
What makes Pratiti one of the leading edge computing service providers?
Connecting Thought Leader Insights In Our Library.
The Great Benefits of Digital Transformation in Manufacturing and How to Achieve Them by Partnering with an IT Services Expert
Frequently Asked Questions
Edge Computing is the practice of bringing data computation and storage closer to the sources of data, instead of something like on cloud. This is meant to save bandwidth and improve response time. It can be any kind of computer program that delivers low latency nearer to requests.
Edge computing solution or edge computing platform can be used when response time for data computations is a major consideration. An example use case would be when healthcare professionals need to deliver remote care where internet connectivity might not be great.
Data is collected and processed on an edge device. When an object has enough storage and computational power to make low-latency decisions and analyze data in milliseconds, it can be considered part of the Internet of Things. IoT device and edge device are phrases that are occasionally used interchangeably.
Since data is filtered at the source instead of rather than sending it to a central data center, Edge Computing can be more secure. However, there are other considerations that depend on you, like how you set up security on your Edge devices (for e.g.: 2-factor authentication for device access.)